7/18/15

Jesse’s Girl by Miranda Kenneally Review!


 
Everyone at Hundred Oaks High knows that career mentoring day is a joke. So when Maya Henry said she wanted to be a rock star, she never imagined she’d get to shadow *the* Jesse Scott, Nashville’s teen idol.
But spending the day with Jesse is far from a dream come true. He’s as gorgeous as his music, but seeing all that he’s accomplished is just a reminder of everything Maya’s lost: her trust, her boyfriend, their band, and any chance to play the music she craves. Not to mention that Jesse’s pushy and opinionated. He made it on his own, and he thinks Maya’s playing back up to other people’s dreams. Does she have what it takes to follow her heart—and go solo?

I really loved Jesse’s Girl. It might even be my favorite of Kenneally's books so far. I love music based books because they are always full of drama and intense emotions, and Jesse's Girl is no different. Right off the bat, I connected with Maya. She shares so many qualities with me, and it's always fun to be able to connect to the main character because then you can actually put yourself in their place. I was able to do that with Maya, and it made the story that much better for me. Her attitude and her style just mirrored mine. She had a punk rock style, she drove a motorcycle, she was a kickass guitar player, and she had a charismatic personality. She was the essence of awesome. Then we have Jesse who was to die for. Once again, Kenneally managed to create another book boy that I fell head over heels in love with. He started off being rude and standoff-ish, but soon he got closer to Maya and realized that he could really open up to someone for the first time ever. Their chemistry was slow burning and the whole time I was cheering for them to get together. They just complemented each other so well.
To go along with the great characters was an awesome story. It was full of inspiration, funny and heartfelt moments, and adventures that made you feel like you were practically there with Maya and Jesse. This story was focused on Maya getting out of her shell and shooting for her dream. I love the fact that Kenneally's books always have a great story behind them along with an enchanting romance. This book featured everything I love like music, a kickass girl, a dreamy boy, a motivating story, and a few hilarious situations to boot. I only wish the book was longer because I wanted more of Maya and Jesse!
Needless to say, if you are looking for a fun, motivating, and romantic read then Jesse's Girl (or any book) by Kenneally is the one to pick. Also, any fan of Sarah Dessen, Kasie West, Paula Stokes, and Stephanie Perkins will love this book. Jesse’s Girl was the perfect book to bring me out of my reading slump. I give it 5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment