8/1/14

Going Down In Flames by Chris Cannon Review



     A normal girl would get a party for her sixteenth birthday not news that she is a dragon shifter. Bryn was lucky enough to get the latter. Not only is she a dragon shifter, but she is also  the only crossbreed in existence. Now Bryn is being forced to attend a boarding school for dragons that's full of people who hate her just because she is alive. Bryn is the only crossbreed at the Institute of Excellence which means that all eyes are on her, but Zavien's eyes are the only eyes that make her stomach flutter. Zavien has plans to change the way the dragon council runs things and Bryn is the key to changing it all. However, Bryn will not have it easy because her days will be filled with threats, insults, and a flying fire ball or two. But nothing scares her more than falling in love with someone she can't have.

     I loved every second of this book, and not surprisingly, I read it in one sitting. I laughed until my stomach hurt, and I cheered for Bryn like I've never cheered for a main character before. Bryn is a main character that you can admire and one that doesn't take crap from anyone. She also has a slight temper, which lets be honest, as a redhead myself I can relate to. I also loved Zavien and Bryn's romance. I definitely wish he were real so I could have him. I was never bored when reading this book. There was non stop action and every turn had me guessing what would happen next. The romance had me melting, and THE DRAGONS, GUYS. The dragons were on point and I absolutely LOVED them. No only did this book have me laughing and cheering for the main character, but it also had an undertone of seriousness about standing up for yourself which I loved. Chris is an author who I will be putting on my auto-buy list for sure. She writes with an intensity that I really admire. I could rave about this book until I'm blue in the face, but as someone who is supper picky about her books, know that I am serious when I say that this is an amazing book. I NEED THE SEQUAL NOW! It has definitely found its spot on my favorites shelf. It give it five out of five stars!

2 comments:

  1. Ivey, Thank you for the fabulous review. I'm so glad you liked my dragons.

    Sincerely,
    Chris Cannon

    (I apologize if this appears twice. My internet likes to go out right when I hit send.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome. I am absolutely obsessed with the book you have created. I cannot wait to see what else you have in store for me!

      Delete