3/22/14

Scorched by Mari Mancusi Review



    Trinity's biggest problems were paying the bills and trying to keep their little museum and house running, but those problems pale in comparison to the ones that arrive in the form of an egg, a dragon egg to be exact. All of the sudden Trinity is thrust into a world of dragons, sketchy dragon rights activists, and two twin brothers both fighting for opposite sides. Trinity is stuck not knowing who is right or wrong and when her dragon hatches, Trinity knows for sure that she would die for it. Will death be the price she has to pay in order to keep her dragon safe? Trinity begins to unravel the truth and when she finally realizes what the dragon rights activists have in store for her, she decides it is time to trust in her power and her dragon. Together Trinity, her dragon, and the twins fight for survival, and in the end, someone will burn.

     I picked up this book on a whim because of the amazing cover. I know, do not judge a book by its cover but come on, the cover is eye catching. By the way, that second picture of the dragon is what the hardback looks like without the dust jacket on. Amazing, right? Anyway, I am glad I picked it up. The story is so unique and creative that you cannot help but be captivated by it. I mean, have you ever heard of a borderline dystopian/futuristic book, that still takes place in the normal world? Well, now you have. I loved the plot and the characters in this book also. Trinity is a character I want to be. She is brave, courageous, selfless, and sometimes stubborn. Connor and Caleb are only two of the many complex characters in this book. Connor has a dark side that only his brother, Caleb, knows about, and Caleb is kind but too trusting which can be his downfall. Together they find a balance, but when they were torn apart by their father’s death, they were never the same. Now they fight against each other, and that simple fact fascinated me throughout the whole story. The writing is so captivating that I read this book in one sitting. I just had to know what happened next and every chapter had me turning each page in anticipation. Before I knew it, I was finished and ready for the next book in the series as soon as I could get it. The action, adventure and sheer creativity of this book kept me up until I finished it and I believe that this is a book that everyone will love. I highly recommend it! I gave it five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment