3/5/14

Most Anticipated Books of 2014:


  1.    Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

   The third book in the Throne of Glass series is at the top of my list for a reason. The last book, Crown of Midnight, left me asking so many questions, and I need the answers. Celaena now travels to Wendlyn to search for a way to get revenge on the king she is forced to serve. Chaol thought he was saving her by giving her the chance to leave. However, he is now questioning his choice because a dark force looms on the horizon, and Celaena might be its target. I cannot wait to get my hands on Heir of Fire, and continue Celaena’s story

  2. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


   The third and final book in the Mara Dyer series is a book I am dying to get. I was left with a cliffhanger and SO MANY QUESTIONS. We will finally figure out what the whole mystery about Mara is, and what happened to Noah.  NOTHING BETTER HAVE HAPPENED TO NOAH. November fourth cannot come soon enough. 
  
     3. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins 

   I am so happy that I came across this novel because it sounds amazing. Harper Price’s life as a southern belle ready to become homecoming queen, is turned upside down when she gains the power of a Paladin, an ancient line of guardians with lethal fighting skills. She has been charged with protecting David Stark, her school reporter, but as Harper starts falling for him, things get complicated. Neither of them realizes how important their lives have become.  Thank God, I do not have to wait forever for this book to come out. I must read it soon.
  
                     4. Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead

   The fifth book in the Bloodlines is a book that I need, seriously. The Indigo Spell left me screaming in anticipation. Sydney is now trapped in reeducation and trying to hold on to her sanity. Adrian also struggles with the reality of losing Sydney and the possibility that she might not be the same if she returns. I am SO ready for this book. I am literally counting down the days until I can read it.

5. Edged Blade by J.C. Daniels 

   This is the fourth book in the Colbana Files series, and this is one of my favorite adult series ever. The most recent book in the series, Broken Blade, left me wondering and hoping that Kit, the main character, was going to survive. Kit’s journey has not been an easy one and I am hoping that Edged Blade will be easier on Kit! 
  
 6. Night Broken by Patricia Briggs 

   Night Broken is the eighth book in the Mercy Thompson series. This is my second favorite adult fantasy series about Mercy Thompson who falls in love with the local pack alpha. Night Broken is about Mercy trying to save her mate, Adam’s, ex-wife from a stalker. On top of that, Adam’s ex wife is trying to win Adam back at all costs. This series is so action packed and fast paced that it keeps you interested all the way through. I cannot wait to continue Mercy’s story. 
  
   7. Maybe Someday by Colleen Houck 

   Maybe Someday is about twenty two-year old woman named Sydney who discovers that her boyfriend is cheating on her. Sydney is determined to move on when she finds herself entranced by her neighbor, Ridge. She cannot ignore the connection she feels to him, and soon they discover that they need each other, in more than one way. I feel like this book will be a good one to lose myself in, and those are the kind of books I love. 
  
    8. House of Ivy and Sorrow by Natalie Whipple 

   House of Ivy and Sorrow is about a girl named Jo, who is not your typical witch. She has hidden her gifts from everyone except her grandmother. However, when the Curse that killed her mother returns, her life and her grandmothers lives are at risk, and keeping Jo’s gifts a secret might not be an option anymore. I am not one to like books about witches, but this book sounds amazing. 
  
  9. Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne

   Kyra has always taken what she needed and she is quite good at bypassing the guards to get it. Noting her stealth, The leader of the Assassin’s Guild offers Kyra a job, and she is hesitant about but ultimately accepts. Kyra’s life seems to be looking up, but when a raid throws Kyra and Tristam together, fate seems to have plans for this thief and Palace knight. Just by the title of this book, it sounds amazing and mysterious. A book with assassins in it is bound to be creative.  
  
  10. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han 

   Lora Jean Song has kept the love letter she has written to every boy she has loved, all five of them. She poured her heart out in those letters because they were for her eyes only. However, when her secret love letters are mailed, Lara Jean’s love life is suddenly all too complicated. The concept of this book is so intriguing that I cannot imagine not reading it. 

        11.   On the Fence by Kasie West

   Charlotte “Charlie” Reynolds has always been a tomboy, which is understandable with three older brothers. She has always been more comfortable on the basketball court than with boys. Therefore, when she is forced to get a job to pay for all of her many speeding tickets, she is surprised to find herself going out with a boy who has not seen her tomboy side. Charlie’s life is getting more complicated and so she turns to her honorary brother, her neighbor Braden, to talk things out. Night after night, they talk and Charlie begins to realize that she has fallen in love with him. Now, she must decide if she should risk it all and tell Braden how she feels, or if she should try to forget. I am already in love with this book, and waiting for it to be released will most likely kill me because I want this book now.  I loved West’s other book The Distance Between Us, and I think that On the Fence will be just as amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment