3/2/14

Blaze By Laurie Boyle Crompton


Everyone is always searching for a book that is fun, witty, and adventurous, and I believe that Blaze is that kind of book. I loved it from the beginning and it only got better from there. This contemporary young adult novel has a plot you can believe, and a heroine that you will cheer for in the end. I can describe this book in one word, fun. I was always laughing while I read this book, and by the end, I was wishing I were the main character.
   Blaze is about a girl named Blaze, who has had a crush on her little brother’s soccer coach, Josh, for a while. When he finally asks her out she is overjoyed, but things take a turn for the worst. Blaze is now the laughing stock of the school, and it is all Josh’s fault. She then decides to use her talent for making comics to get revenge on Josh, and things get interesting. When I finished this book, I wanted to reread it immediately because I loved the story so much. I do not usually think of contemporary YA novels as being my favorites because I feel like most of them are just to pass the time, but this book is one of my favorites. It has everything I want in a book, romance, revenge, adventure, snarky attitudes, and dialogue that will have you rolling. I could see myself in Blaze’s shoes, and I was cheering for her through the whole book. I will reread this book more than once for sure.
  I recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a semi-lighthearted book that will make you smile. Honestly, this book has it all. There is romance in the book, but it does not take over the story. It is a good balance for those who like romance and those who do not. In addition, if you love comic books, then this book is for you because Blaze is a comic book junkie. Blaze deserves five out of five stars, easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment